2012 proved to be an interesting year for me. Much was accomplished; I went back to Europe, I started my Masters in Project Management, I got some writing published, I've had the greatest increase in followers (mainly due to the awesome dudes at Dude Write), I have started my reign on Twitter, my stand up comedy is improving and I have started getting booked for gigs. 2012 was a great year, but I want more.
I want to run more, I want to be booked more, I want to perform to different crowds, I want to be published more, I want to write more, I want to finish that damn book I started writing two years ago. There is so much I want to do, yet I feel it may be becoming too much.
The GF and I were walking back to my car and discussing what we wanted to do this year. Her goals this year are very sensible and career orientated. I envy her ability to focus on one or two things, but if you can't set your sights to the sky, you will never find out what your limits are.
I don't believe in resolutions, I always prefer to set goals. Goals are better at measuring success, and can be tailored throughout the year if your situation changes. My goals for 2012 were
- The damn first draft - Not check. My writing got a little sidetracked this year with the focus on stand-up, All Cracked Up, short stories, etc.
- Run more - Check. I ran a lot last year, I did a full marathon, and was gearing up for an ultra marathon but I injured my foot. I got better. Now I'm back to running.
- More stand-up - Check. I did a bunch of gigs and getting booked is awesome.
This year, I'm going to keep myself busy yet again.
- I want to do more gigs in 2013 than 2012.
- I'm aiming to perform stand-up outside of my hometown of Adelaide, and to start writing an hour show.
- Ultra marathon. Boom.
- Read more blogs. I have fallen off the pace in keeping up with blogs. Work has been a mad house of late, but hopefully at the end of the week my current project will come to a close and I can finally go back to 7 hours of sleep a night.
- Sleep more.
- And I'm going to finish that damn draft!
Let's see what this year has install.